- 1 ½ cups Florida Orange Juice
- Florida Orange Slice, for garnish
- 1 lb. dried Great Northern beans
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 4 oz. bacon, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 2 cups yellow onion, diced
- ¾ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup molasses
- 2 tbsp. yellow mustard
- 2 tsp. Original TABASCO® brand Pepper Sauce
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- 2 tsp. fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tsp. orange zest, chopped
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 bay leaf
- ¼ tsp. ground cloves
- Green onions, sliced, for garnish
2. Bring to a boil; simmer until beans are tender but not fully cooked, about 1 hour. Add salt and baking powder; continue to simmer until beans are tender, but not overcooked, about 10 minutes.
4. Preheat oven to 350°F. Sauté bacon and onions in saucepan until bacon is cooked and onions are tender.
6. Pour sauce over prepared beans. Cover and bake for 45 minutes; remove cover and bake additional 15 minutes. Remove bay leaf before serving
1. Soak beans overnight in cold water. Drain water and place beans in large pot; fill pot with water.
3. Drain beans and place in baking dish.
5. Add Florida Orange Juice, ketchup, molasses, mustard, Tabasco, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, onion powder, ginger, Florida Orange Zest, garlic powder, bay leaf and cloves; bring to simmer.
7. Garnish with Florida Orange Slice and sprinkle with green onions, if desired.
- % Daily Value*
Total Fat1.7g 2%
Saturated Fat0.5g 3%
Total Carbohydrate65.2g 24%
Dietary Fiber12.5g 45%
Total Sugars26g 52%
Vitamin A306mcg 34%
Vitamin C30.5mg 34%