Our Florida Orange Lettuce Wraps offer a great way to provide kids with a healthy and quick meal. The amazing taste of Florida Orange Juice teamed up with chicken and iceberg lettuce provides several key nutrients, including vitamin C, vitamin A, and protein.
For Florida Orange Sauce:
- ⅔ cup Florida Orange Juice
- 3 tbsp. honey
- 3 tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- ½ tsp. ground ginger
- ½ tsp. sesame oil
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
For Lettuce Wraps:
- 8 oz. can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- ¼ cup thinly-sliced green onions
- 10 Bibb lettuce leaves
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cooked and finely chopped)**
- Chopped toasted almonds
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Thinly-sliced green onions
- Whisk all Florida Orange Sauce ingredients together in a large sauté pan until well combined.
- Heat the Florida Orange Sauce over medium-high heat until it is simmering. Heat for one minute or until the sauce thickens.
- Add the cooked chicken, water chestnuts, and green onions to the sauce. Stir until combined.
- Continue cooking over medium-high heat for 1 to 2 minutes, until all of the ingredients are warmed through.
- Remove from heat and portion the chicken mixture into the lettuce cups.
- Sprinkle each lettuce cup with desired toppings and serve.
- Try adding 1 to 2 teaspoons of hot sauce to the sauce for a spicy kick.
- **For faster meal prep, use ground chicken or chop up a rotisserie chicken.