Our Slow Cooker Pork Tacos are the perfect weeknight family dinner made with Florida OJ. With minimal prep in the morning, dinner is ready to be served when everyone is home at the end of the day. Simply set out your family’s favorite taco ingredients so each person can customize their meal.
- ¾ cup Florida Orange Juice
- 1 tbsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 jalapeño, de-seeded and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Your favorite taco toppings
- 5 lb. pork shoulder (pork butt), skinless, bone-in
2. Top with onion, jalapeño, minced garlic and Florida Orange Juice.
4. Remove pork from slow cooker when it is tender and falling off the bone; place on serving platter.
6. Set out with your family’s favorite taco toppings and they can make their own DIY tacos.
1. Rinse and dry the pork shoulder; place in a slow cooker with the fat facing up. Rub in salt, pepper, dried oregano, ground cumin and olive oil.
3. Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours, or on high for 6 hours.
5. Shred pork using two forks.
- If you plan to re-heat and serve the pork for multiple meals, skim the fat off the top of the remaining liquid in the slow cooker and save. Pour the liquid onto leftover pork prior to re-heating.
- For a lighter option, switch out flour or corn tortillas for lettuce wraps.
- You can also make this in a multi-cooker using the “Slow Cook” setting and following the same instructions.