- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) Florida orange juice
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1-1/2 tablespoons rice wine
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 pounds beef short ribs, boneless, thinly sliced
For Florida Citrus Kimchi:
- 1 cup Kimchi (Korean spicy pickled cabbage)
- 1/4 cup Florida orange segments
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 6 flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
Prepare Marinade; Combine all ingredients in a bowl; mix thoroughly to combine.
Place short ribs in a nonmetallic dish. Pour marinade over short ribs; cover and refrigerate. Marinate at least three hours or preferably overnight.
Prepare Florida Citrus Kimchi; Combine all ingredients in bowl; toss to combine. Reserve.
Drain marinade from short ribs; discard marinade. Grill short rib slices over medium-high heat for 1 to 2 minutes per side. Remove cooked slices from grill; place on cutting board. Slice short rib slices crossways into small, bite-sized pieces of meat.
To assemble tacos, heat tortillas over medium heat on the grill or in a sauté pan. Place a small amount of shredded cabbage in the center of each tortilla; top with 1/4 cup short rib meat and 2 tablespoons Florida Citrus Kimchi. Serve immediately.