- 3 pounds chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 18 (6-inch) wooden skewers
For Florida Orange Marinade:
- 1/4 cup Florida orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon jerk seasoning
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
For Florida Orange Mango Chutney:
- 1/2 cup Florida orange juice
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups mango, cut into 1/2-inch diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 2 tablespoons minced jalapeño pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon Florida orange zest
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
For Fried Plantains:
- 2 yellow plantains, peeled, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup canola oil
Prepare Florida Orange Marinade; Combine all ingredients in bowl; mix thoroughly. Pour marinade over chicken skewers; cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours or preferably overnight.
Prepare Fried Plantains; Dust plantain slices with flour. Heat canola oil in sauté pan over medium heat; sauté plantains until golden brown on both sides. Remove to plate lined with paper towels to drain excess oil.
Thread chicken cubes onto skewers; place in non-metallic baking dish.
Prepare Florida Orange Mango Chutney; Combine orange juice, vinegar, sugar and bay leaf in a medium saucepan; simmer over medium heat until liquid is reduced by half. Add mango, red onion, red bell pepper, jalapeño pepper, ginger and orange zest; continue simmering until most of the liquid is evaporated. Cool; add cilantro and reserve.
Remove chicken skewers from marinade; discard marinade. Grill chicken skewers over medium high heat until cooked through. Serve chicken skewers with Fried Plantains and Florida Orange Mango Chutney.