Florida Citrus Rémoulade Dressing:
- ¾ cup (180 ml) Florida Orange Juice
- 1 tsp. orange zest, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup ketchup
- 3 tbsp. cornichons, chopped
- 2 tbsp. capers, chopped
- 2 tbsp. mustard
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 ½ tbsp. fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1 tbsp. Creole seasoning
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. Original TABASCO® brand Pepper Sauce
- 2 cups Florida Orange Juice
- ¼ cup Original TABASCO® brand Pepper Sauce
- 1 ½ lb. alligator, tail meat, 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 ½ cups club soda, cold
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- ½ cup Florida Grapefruit Segments, seeded
- ¾ cup Florida Orange Segments, seeded
- 16 oz. mixed greens
- 2 cups fennel, thinly shaved
- 1 cup red cabbage, shredded
- ¾ cup cucumber, thinly sliced
- ¾ cup red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup radish, thinly sliced
1. For Florida Citrus Rémoulade Dressing: Combine all ingredients; mix well. Cover and chill.
2. For Crispy Alligator: Combine Florida Orange Juice with TABASCO®. Place alligator in baking dish; pour orange juice mixture over alligator. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or preferably overnight.
3. To prepare alligator, combine flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt in bowl; add club soda and stir just until combined. Batter will be lumpy. Remove alligator from marinade; drain on paper towels.
4. Discard marinade. Dredge alligator pieces in flour mixture; fry in deep fryer at 350° F or pan-fry over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked thoroughly.
5. Remove from oil; drain on paper towels. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. For Salad: Combine all ingredients in large salad bowl. Toss with reserved dressing to coat.
7. To serve, place a mound of salad in center of each plate. Place 3 to 4 pieces of Crispy Gator on each salad. Serve extra Florida Citrus Rémoulade Dressing on the side.