Chili has always been a comfort food staple. Our chili is inspired by the amazing flavor of Florida Orange Juice. Prepare our chili in your slow cooker ahead of time and it makes dinner a breeze when you are busy during the week. This one pot meal is also perfect for sharing with friends and family.
- 1½ cups Florida Orange Juice
- 4 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1½ lbs. ground beef
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- ½ cup onion, diced
- 2 tbsp. jalapeño pepper, seeded, diced
- 2 tbsp. chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tbsp. onion powder
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 (20-oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 2 tsp. fresh oregano
- 1 tsp. chipotle chili, seeded, chopped
- 1 tsp. finely ground cornmeal
- 1 tsp. Florida Orange zest, chopped
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
2. Brown meat until cooked through; remove meat from skillet and reserve.
3. Place cooked ground beef in a large slow cooker, add Florida Orange Juice, remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, red and green peppers, onion, jalapeño, garlic, chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, cumin, oregano, chipotle chiles, cornmeal and orange zest.
4. Cover and cook over medium to low heat for at least 3 hours.
- Top chili with your favorite toppings like sour cream, cheddar cheese, etc.
- Pair with our Florida Orange–Jalapeño Cornbread.
- % Daily Value*
Total Fat35.4g 45%
Saturated Fat14.6g 73%
Total Carbohydrate16.8g 6%
Dietary Fiber3.1g 11%
Total Sugars7.8g 16%
Vitamin A1724mcg 192%
Vitamin C822.8mg 914%