Our Slow Cooker Beer Can Chicken is a quick and easy meal to make during a busy week. Using Florida Orange Juice adds tons of flavor and provides a wealth of beneficial nutrients. The recipe is an excellent source of protein that is important for bone, muscle and skin health. Make ahead of time and divide it up throughout the week for a delicious lunch or dinner.
- 12 oz. (355ml) Florida Orange Juice
- 1 can (12 oz. or 355ml) beer
- 3 tsp. minced garlic
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs (2 ½ to 3 lbs.)
- 2 tsp. poultry seasoning
- Salt to taste
- Chopped fresh parsley and Florida Orange slices, for garnish
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|5 minutes||8 hours||8 hours5 minutes|
1. In a 6-quart slow cooker, lay the chicken thighs in a single layer and sprinkle with the poultry seasoning and salt.
2. Pour the Florida Orange Juice, beer and garlic over the chicken thighs.
3. Cover and cook on low heat setting for 6 to 8 hours or until the juice of the chicken is clear when thickest part is cut (at least 165° F).
4. Serve topped with chopped fresh parsley and Florida Orange slices.