- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion (yellow or white)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 cup (240 ml) orange juice
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1/4 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1. Heat olive oil in medium-sized saucepan. Add onion and garlic and sauté until onions are translucent.
2. Add cloves, cinnamon, chili powder and orange juice to saucepan and bring to a boil.
3. Add remaining ingredients and simmer until sauce thickens, 5-10 minutes.
Great for ribs, chicken and pork.