- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1-1/4 cups Florida orange juice
- 2 teaspoons margarine or butter
- 1 8-ounce can pineapple tidbits (juice pack), drained
- 2-1/4 cups reduced-fat packaged biscuit mix
- 3/4 cup skim milk
- 1/2 cup frozen Florida orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 beaten eggs or 1/2 cup refrigerated or frozen egg product, thawed
- 1 medium banana, sliced
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|15 minutes||2 minutes||17 minutes|
For sauce, in a small saucepan combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in orange juice. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly.
Cook and stir 2 minutes more. Remove from heat. Stir in margarine and pineapple.
For pancakes, in a medium bowl stir together biscuit mix, milk, thawed concentrate, and eggs until combined.
For each pancake, pour about 3 tablespoons batter onto a hot, lightly greased griddle or heavy skillet. Cook over medium heat about 2 minutes on each side or until golden (turn when pancakes have bubbly surfaces and edges are slightly dry).
Keep hot while cooking remaining pancakes. Stir banana into sauce; serve warm sauce over pancakes.