French toast is one of those breakfast meals that can satisfy any taste bud. Enjoy this Florida Orange Juice twist to a class breakfast favourite.
- 3/4 cup plus ¼ cup Florida Orange Juice, divided
- 10 slices milk bread (can substitute with any bread – sourdough, gluten-free)
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- maple syrup, for serving
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|4 minutes||10 minutes||14 minutes|
- In a shallow dish, whisk together the eggs, milk, and ¾ cup of Florida Orange Juice.
- Dunk each slice of bread in the egg mixture, letting it soak in.
- While the bread soaks, whip the heavy cream until it reaches stiff peaks, about 3 minutes. Gently fold in the remaining ¼ cup Florida Orange Juice until well combined.
- On a hot pan over medium heat, fry both sides of each slice in a small amount of neutral oil.
- Remove from heat when golden brown, and serve in a stack with a dollop of whipped cream and a drizzle of maple syrup.