Mini Orange Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) Florida Orange Juice
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- Mini cupcake liners
- Preheat oven to 375° F. In food processor, purée bananas, orange juice, butter and egg yolks; reserve. In large mixing bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda; reserve.
- In small clean mixing bowl, beat egg whites with mixer to form soft peaks; reserve. Add banana mixture to flour mixture; stir just until combined.
- Gently fold in egg whites and chocolate chips with rubber spatula; do not over mix.
- Line mini muffin tins with cupcake liners.
- Fill muffin tins one-half full with batter. Bake 10 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove muffins to wire rack to cool.