Air Fryer Crispy Orange Chicken
Makes: 4 -6 servings
For the Marinade
- 1/2 cup (250ml) Florida Orange Juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 pound (454 grams) boneless skinless chicken breast or thighs, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
For the Coating
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons oil
For the Orange Sauce
- 1/2 cup (125ml) Florida Orange Juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chili paste
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|15 minutes||20 minutes||35 minutes|
Total time: 60 minutes includes marinating time.
- In a large bowl, combine orange juice, soy sauce, ginger and chicken pieces. Cover and marinate for 2 hours, or minimum 30 minutes in the fridge.
- Combine flour, cornstarch, garlic powder, and salt in a bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk eggs.
- Remove chicken from marinade, working with a few pieces of chicken at a time, dredge in cornstarch mixture, followed by egg, and then back into cornstarch mixture to coat. Place on a large plate, and drizzle with oil to dampen the coating so it will become crisp.
- Preheat air fryer to 400ºF. Working in batches, arrange chicken in a single layer in air fryer.
- Cook for 4 minutes, flip chicken over, and cook for an additional 4 minutes. Chicken should be golden, with internal temperature reading 165ºF on an instant read thermometer. Place in a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, prepare the sauce. In a small bowl mix cornstarch and water to form a slurry. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, combine orange juice, soy sauce, maple syrup, vinegar, chill paste, garlic, and ginger. Bring to a boil.
- Stir in cornstarch slurry until thickened. Remove from heat.
- Pour orange sauce over chicken and toss to coat. Serve chicken topped with sesame seeds and sliced green onions.