- 1 ½ cups (260 ml) Florida orange juice
- ½ cup (120 ml) rum
- 2 tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tbsp. dried oregano
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 lbs. turkey breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 6 sugar cane skewers
Florida Citrus Sweet-and-Sour Sauce:
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- ½ cup (120 ml) Florida Orange Juice, divided
- ½ cup (120 ml) Florida Grapefruit Juice
- ½ cup (120 ml) Florida Tangerine Juice
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- ¼ cup sugar
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|45 minutes||1 hour15 minutes||2 hours|
1. Place Florida Orange Juice and rum in saucepan; cook over medium heat until volume is reduced by two-thirds. Add lime juice, oregano, garlic powder, cumin, and black pepper.
2. Skewer turkey cubes onto sugar cane skewers. Place in flat nonmetallic dish; pour orange juice mixture over skewers; cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 3 hours.
3. Remove turkey skewers from marinade; discard marinade.
4. Grill turkey sugar cane skewers over medium-high heat until cooked through.
5. Serve with Florida Citrus Sweet-and-Sour Sauce on the side.
Prepare Florida Citrus Sweet-and-Sour Sauce:
1. Combine cornstarch with 2 tablespoons of Florida orange juice; reserve.
2. Combine remaining Florida Orange, Grapefruit and Tangerine juices with rice wine vinegar and sugar in small saucepan.
3. Bring to boil; whisk in cornstarch mixture. Simmer until thickened; remove from heat. Cool to room temperature; reserve.