- 1 cup packaged dried cavatelli, medium shell macaroni, rotini, or radiatore pasta
- 1 large onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can chunky pasta-style tomatoes
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) Florida orange juice*
- 1 large zucchini, halved lengthwise, and cut into 1/4-inch thick slices
*May substitute Florida Orange Juice from Concentrate
Cook pasta according to package directions, adding the onion the last 5 minutes of cooking. Drain. Set aside and keep warm.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet combine undrained tomatoes and orange juice. Bring mixture to boiling. Boil, uncovered, 5 to 6 minutes or until slightly thickened. Add zucchini and dash pepper to skillet. Return to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, about 3 minutes or until zucchini is crisp-tender. Stir in pasta mixture. Heat through.