- 2 cups sweet and sour sauce
- 1 cup Florida orange juice
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 head broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 2 carrots, cut into thin strips
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
In saucepan, combine sweet and sour sauce, orange juice, onion and garlic; bring to a boil and simmer over medium heat for 5 minutes. Reserve.
Cut chicken breasts in half lengthwise. Grill over high heat for 4 to 8 minutes on each side, depending on thickness, until thoroughly cooked. Baste with sweet and sour sauce during last 5 minutes of cooking. Grill until internal temperature is 160° F. on thermometer. Keep warm.
In wok, heat vegetable oil. Carefully add broccoli, peas and carrots; cook while stirring constantly for about 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender crisp. Add rice; stir with wooden spoon to combine all ingredients. Add soy sauce; stir until all ingredients are coated.
Serve chicken with Vegetable-Fried Rice. Sprinkle with cilantro and green onions; serve immediately.