- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (8 to 10-ounce) can black beans, drained
- ½ cup (120 ml) Florida orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 6 flour tortillas
- 1 cup Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- ½ cup mozzarella, shredded
- Iceberg or romaine lettuce, shredded
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Low fat sour cream or Greek yogurt
In saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onions and garlic; sauté for 3 to 4 minutes. Add black beans, orange juice, lime juice, brown sugar and chili powder; stir to combine. Simmer for 5 minutes; remove from heat.
Heat large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Place tortillas on counter; sprinkle evenly with shredded cheeses. Top each tortilla with one- half cup bean mix, shredded lettuce and cilantro. Fold two sides in; then fold over the front edge and roll up and place flap side down into the hot pan. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side until golden brown and slightly crispy. Remove from the pan and cut in half on the diagonal; serve immediately with salsa, guacamole and sour cream.