- 10 Florida Orange Slices, 1/4-inch thick, divided
- ½ cup Florida Orange Zest, thinly sliced
- 3 lbs. kosher salt
- 8 egg whites, whipped to soft peaks
- 1 red snapper (4-5 lbs.), whole, descaled
- 12 fresh tarragon sprigs, divided
For Thai Chile–Orange Sauce:
- 3 cups Florida Orange Juice
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup mirin
- 1/3 cup rice wine vinegar
- 4 Thai chiles, seeded, minced
- ½ cup green onions, minced
- ¼ cup fresh ginger, minced
- ¼ cup brown sugar
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Combine salt, egg whites and orange zest in large bowl; stir until completely mixed.
Line large roasting pan with parchment paper. Create a 1/4-inch-thick layer of the salt mixture large enough for the entire snapper to lay on. Place snapper on salt mixture. Stuff the cavity with 4 orange slices and 6 tarragon sprigs.
Cover the snapper with the remaining salt mixture, pressing salt mixture firmly on top of fish and sealing all edges. Bake for 35 minutes.
Prepare Thai Chile–Orange Sauce: Place Florida Orange Juice in saucepan; cook over medium heat and reduce to 1 cup. Remove from heat; cool. Stir in remaining ingredients; reserve sauce.
To serve fish, slide spatula under parchment paper and carefully transfer whole fish to serving platter. Cut through salt crust with paring knife around entire perimeter; remove top layer of salt crust.
Place portions of snapper on individual serving plates; garnish with remaining Florida Orange Slices and tarragon sprigs. Serve with Thai Chile–Orange Sauce.