- 1 cup (240 ml) 100% Florida orange juice
- 1 Florida orange, peeled and diced
- ¾ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 to 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon orange zest
- ½ teaspoon coarse salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1½ pounds beef skirt or flap steak
- ½ cup thinly sliced red onion
- ½ cup sliced green bell pepper
- ½ cup sliced red bell pepper
- 8 corn tortillas, warmed
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. In large 1-gallon resealable plastic bag, combine orange juice, orange, cilantro, jalapeno pepper, garlic, orange zest, salt and pepper.
2. Seal bag and squeeze to mix ingredients thoroughly. Add skirt steak; squeeze out air and seal bag tightly; refrigerate and marinate steak for at least 30 minutes or overnight for best flavor.
3. Remove steak; discard marinade. Grill steak over medium heat until medium rare; remove from heat and let rest.
4. While steak is grilling, sauté onion, green bell pepper and red bell pepper in nonstick skillet until tender.
5. Slice steak across grain into thin strips. Serve steak with sautéed vegetables, tortillas and cheese.