- 1 cup (240 ml) Florida Orange Juice, divided
- 4 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 2 cups button mushrooms, minced
- ½ cup shallots, minced
- 6 tbsp. unsalted butter, divided
- White pepper
- ½ cup green squash, minced
- 1 tsp. chili flakes
- 4 sheets puff pastry
- 4 sweet potatoes, ¾ baked, peeled
1. In a large rondeau over high heat, add 2 tablespoons olive oil and the mushrooms. Cook until the mushrooms are caramelized, approximately 12–14 minutes.
2. Add the shallots and 4 tablespoons of butter; cook for another 3–4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Place the mixture on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper and let cool.
3. Without cleaning the rondeau, add 2 tablespoons olive oil over high heat. Add the green squash and sauté until golden brown. Add the chili flakes and ½ cup of Florida Orange Juice.
4. Reduce until almost dry, add to the mushroom mixture, and let cool.
5. In a small pot, reduce the remaining ½ cup of orange juice by half and whisk in 2 tablespoons butter; keep warm.
6. When the mushroom, shallot and green squash mixture has completely cooled, lay each individual puff pastry sheet on a parchment-lined sheet pan.
7. Spread the mixture equally over the entire puff pastry sheet, leaving ⅓ inch around each edge.
8. Place the sweet potatoes into the middle of each puff pastry sheet and roll the puff pastry around the potatoes, sealing the puff shut.
9. Bake in a preheated oven at 350º F for 20 minutes or until the puff pastry is golden brown.
10. Spoon the butter and orange juice reduction around the edge of each puff pastry. If desired, garnish with orange zest.