Our Poached Salmon with Collard Green Salad recipe is an easy and healthy way to provide you and your family with plenty of nutrients with the help of Florida Orange Juice, such as potassium and vitamin C, which may support heart health. Not only does this meal taste great, but salmon is rich in Omega-3 and serves as a great source of protein.
- 1 ¼ cups (300 ml) Florida Orange Juice, divided
- 1 pound salmon fillets
- 1 cup (250 ml) white wine
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 2 tsp. finely grated fresh ginger, divided
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. finely minced shallot
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 small bunch collard greens (about 8 oz.), stems and center ribs removed
- ½ cup (125 ml) toasted, slivered almonds
1. Preheat oven to 375° F.
2. Spray a small glass baking dish with non-stick spray.
3. Set salmon in the dish.
4. Combine white wine, garlic, one cup of Florida Orange Juice and one teaspoon grated ginger in a small saucepan, set over high heat and bring to a simmer.
5. Pour poaching liquid over salmon and cover with aluminum foil.
6. Poach in oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until salmon is just cooked through.
7. Combine the remaining ¼ cup Florida Orange Juice, remaining one teaspoon grated ginger, olive oil, vinegar, and shallot in a lidded jar and shake to combine.
8. Taste and season with salt and pepper to taste.
9. Cut the collard greens into thin ribbons and transfer to a large mixing bowl.
10. Pour the dressing over the collards and toss well to combine and fully coat.
11. Remove the salmon from the liquid and serve on top of the collard greens.
12. Sprinkle with the almonds.
13. Season with additional salt and pepper as desired and serve.
Helpful Tip: Substitute salmon with your favorite fish!