- 3/4 cup Florida orange juice
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 Florida orange, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper (can substitute any color pepper)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons fresh minced jalapeno or serrano pepper, optional
- 1 pound lump crabmeat (fresh or frozen)
- Lettuce leaves (leaf lettuce or spring mix)
- Ground black pepper
- Fresh Florida orange segments, if desired
Whisk together first 5 ingredients to make dressing; set aside.
In large mixing bowl, combine avocado, orange, red onion, red bell pepper, cilantro and jalapeno. Let stand for 30 minutes.
Squeeze all liquid out of crabmeat. Check carefully for any shells. Add crabmeat to salad mixture.
Arrange lettuce on salad plates. Top with crabmeat mixture and reserved dressing.
Season to taste with freshly ground pepper; garnish with orange segments if desired.