For a warm and flavorful meal you and your family are sure to love, make our Hearty Coconut Chickpea Soup this week! The combination of chickpeas and Florida Orange Juice provides plenty of protein and fiber, which may help support bone health and maintain a healthy weight, making this dish a nutritious choice for your family.
- ½ cup Florida Orange juice
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 ½ cups diced carrots
- 1 ½ tsp. kosher salt
- 3 cloves garlic, finely grated
- ½ tsp. ground cardamom
- 1 quart vegetable broth
- 1 14-oz. can lite coconut milk
- 1 14-oz. can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Chopped cilantro, optional
1. Heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium high heat until it shimmers.
2. Add the onions, bell pepper, carrots and salt and cook until the onions are translucent, five to seven minutes.
3. Add the garlic and cardamom and cook one to two minutes more or until the garlic is fragrant. Do not brown.
4. Add the vegetable broth, coconut milk and chickpeas and bring to a simmer.
5. Decrease the heat to low and continue to cook until the carrots are tender, about 10 minutes.
6. Add the Florida Orange Juice and remove from the heat, stir. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired.
7. Serve garnished with cilantro as desired.
Helpful Tip: Save leftovers in Tupperware containers and put them in the freezer to save for another week!