Makes: 4 servings
- 3/4 cup (178ml) Florida Orange Juice
- 2 teaspoons oil or butter
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1/2 cup water
- 200 ml (1/2 can) light coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds (optional)
- 2 green onions, finely sliced (optional)
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|5 minutes||20 minutes||25 minutes|
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Stir in turmeric, salt, and rice, before adding orange juice, water and coconut milk.
- Bring to a boil, stir, and cover pot. Reduce heat to simmer and cook for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and allow rice to sit for 5 minutes to absorb any extra liquid.
- Fluff rice with a fork and serve with a sprinkle of sesame seeds and green onion if desired.