For Pickling Liquid:
- 2 cups Florida Orange Juice
- 1 cup water
- ¾ cup champagne vinegar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 3 tbsp. pickling spice
- 2 Florida Oranges, peeled, cut into 1/8-inch thick slices
- 4 purple carrots, peeled into thin ribbons
- 4 yellow carrots, peeled into thin ribbons
- 4 orange carrots, peeled into thin ribbons
- 4 watermelon radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 head endive, thinly sliced
- 1 pint daikon sprouts
For Toasted Cashew Vinaigrette:
- 2 cups cashews, toasted, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup parsley, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- ¼ cup champagne vinegar
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
2. Blanch carrot ribbons in pickling liquid one color at a time for 12 seconds; plunge in ice water, then place ribbons on paper towels. Repeat with remaining carrots.
4. Prepare Toasted Cashew Vinaigrette: Combine cashews, parsley, shallot, vinegar and olive oil in mixing bowl; toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste; reserve.
1. Prepare Pickling Liquid: Place all ingredients in saucepan; bring to a boil.
3. Blanch radish slices in pickling liquid for 15 seconds; plunge in ice water, then place slices on paper towels.
5. Arrange carrot ribbons, radish slices, orange slices and endive on plates. Sprinkle with sprouts. Spoon Toasted Cashew Vinaigrette on top.
- % Daily Value*
Total Fat21.4g 27%
Saturated Fat3.9g 20%
Total Carbohydrate26.7g 10%
Dietary Fiber6.6g 24%
Total Sugars9.6g 19%
Vitamin A16913mcg 1879%
Vitamin C28.4mg 32%