For Pickling Liquid:
- 2 cups Florida Orange Juice
- 1 cup water
- ¾ cup champagne vinegar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 3 tbsp. pickling spice
- 2 Florida Oranges, peeled, cut into 1/8-inch thick slices
- 4 purple carrots, peeled into thin ribbons
- 4 yellow carrots, peeled into thin ribbons
- 4 orange carrots, peeled into thin ribbons
- 4 watermelon radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 head endive, thinly sliced
- 1 pint daikon sprouts
For Toasted Cashew Vinaigrette:
- 2 cups cashews, toasted, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup parsley, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- ¼ cup champagne vinegar
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
1. Prepare Pickling Liquid: Place all ingredients in saucepan; bring to a boil.
2. Blanch carrot ribbons in pickling liquid one color at a time for 12 seconds; plunge in ice water, then place ribbons on paper towels. Repeat with remaining carrots.
3. Blanch radish slices in pickling liquid for 15 seconds; plunge in ice water, then place slices on paper towels.
4. Prepare Toasted Cashew Vinaigrette: Combine cashews, parsley, shallot, vinegar and olive oil in mixing bowl; toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste; reserve.
5. Arrange carrot ribbons, radish slices, orange slices and endive on plates. Sprinkle with sprouts. Spoon Toasted Cashew Vinaigrette on top.