- 1 slightly beaten egg white
- 3/4 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1-1/2 cups (360ml) Florida Orange Juice*
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 medium red and/or green sweet pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
*May substitute Florida Orange Juice from Concentrate
In a large bowl combine egg white, bread crumbs, five-spice powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Add beef; mix well. Shape into 48 1-inch meatballs. Place in a 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes or until no pink remains in center of meatballs. Drain.
Meanwhile, in a large saucepan stir together orange juice, honey, cornstarch, soy sauce and ginger. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Add sweet pepper and meatballs in saucepan; cook and stir until heated through. Keep warm in a fondue pot or chafing dish. Serve with toothpicks.