For Crepe Batter:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) Florida orange juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 tablespoons butter, unsalted, melted
- 1 teaspoon Florida orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
For Florida Orange Chocolate Sauce:
- 4 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons Florida orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Florida orange zest
- Butter or nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup Nutella hazelnut spread
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts, toasted, chopped
- 1/4 cup turbinado sugar (raw natural cane sugar crystals such as Sugar in the Raw)
- 1 tablespoon Florida orange zest
To prepare Crepe Batter, combine all ingredients in blender; cover and process until smooth. Place batter in covered container and let stand 30 minutes to 1 hour.
To prepare Florida Orange Chocolate Sauce, melt butter in a small saucepan. Remove from heat and add chocolate; stir until chocolate is melted. Return to heat for a short time, if necessary, to fully melt the chocolate. Stir in orange juice and zest; keep warm.
To prepare crepes, heat nonstick skillet over medium heat. Coat the pan with a little butter or nonstick cooking spray. Pour about 2 tablespoons crepe batter into pan and swirl pan so that a thin layer of batter covers the entire surface of the pan. Cook until light golden brown and flip to cook opposite side. Place cooked crepe on waxed paper; stack cooked crepes with layer of waxed paper between each crepe.
To assemble crepes, place crepes in single layer on flat surface. Divide Nutella among crepes and spread evenly. Sprinkle crepes with hazelnuts and turbinado sugar. Fold crepes in half, then in half again to form triangle shape. Drizzle with Florida Orange Chocolate Sauce and sprinkle with orange zest; serve immediately.