For Honey pecans*:
- 1/2 tablespoon tamari sauce or soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Cayenne pepper and salt to taste
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
*Note: Store-bought honey pecans can be substituted.
- 2 tablespoons ancho chili powder
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup (240 ml) orange juice*
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro stems and leaves
- 6 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless wild salmon fillets
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed or canola oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
*May substitute Florida Orange Juice from Concentrate
- Reduced salmon marinade
- 1 teaspoon grapeseed or canola oil
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
- 2 cups fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped honey roasted pecans
- 1/4 cup dried currants or chopped raisins
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
For Honey Pecans:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine all ingredients in small saucepan and place over medium heat. Simmer four minutes then drain. Place pecans on a wire rack placed over a cookie sheet and roast for about 10 minutes, until toasted. Remove from oven and let cool completely on rack. Lightly chop pecans into 1/4-inch pieces.
Combine chili powder, coriander, pepper and orange juice in saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer then set aside to cool for 10 minutes. Stir-in chopped cilantro. Place salmon fillets in a 9×13-inch casserole dish and pour marinade over fillets. Cover and refrigerate for one hour, then turn fillets over and marinate one hour more. Remove fillets and strain marinade through a fine mesh strainer into small saucepan. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer until reduced by half, about 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
To cook salmon, lightly coat the bottoms of two large non-stick skillets with oil and place them over medium-high heat until hot. Season salmon fillets lightly with salt and pepper and cook 3 to 4 minutes, or until lightly seared. Turn fillets over and cook 3 to 4 minutes more. Remove from the fire and allow fillets to rest in hot pans.
Place half the reserved salmon marinade in small mixing bowl. Whisk in oil and set aside. Combine greens, cilantro, pecans, and currants in large mixing bowl. Add dressing and honey roasted pecans. Toss well and set aside. Divide onto the center of six plates. Rest a salmon fillet to the side of each salad and drizzle remaining reduced marinade over each fillet.