- 1-1/4 pounds fresh or frozen grouper, halibut, or shark steak, about ¾- inch thick
- Nonstick spray coating
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon finely shredded Florida Orange Peel
- 1-1/4 cups Florida orange juice (may substitute Florida orange juice from concentrate)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 Florida oranges, peeled, sectioned and seeded
- 1 cup seedless green grapes, halved
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry (optional)
Thaw fish, if frozen. Spray the unheated rack of a broiler pan with nonstick coating.
Sprinkle both sides of fish with lemon-pepper seasoning. Place fish on rack of broiler pan.
Broil 4 inches from the heat for 4 minutes; turn fish. Broil 3 to 5 minutes more or until fish flakes when tested with a fork.
Meanwhile, spray an unheated medium saucepan with nonstick coating. Add onions; cook and stir over medium heat until tender.
In a bowl combine orange peel, orange juice, cornstarch, and salt. Add to onions in saucepan.
Cook and stir until mixture is thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more.
Add orange sections, grapes, and, if desired, sherry. Heat through. Spoon sauce over fish.