Makes 3 Servings
- 2 Florida Grapefruit
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) – Florida Grapefruit zest
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) milk
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2ml) ground cinnamon
- 3 slices bread
- Remove the skin and pith from both grapefruit, then cut into segments, and place into a small bowl.
- Add pure maple syrup, vanilla and half the zest to the bowl of segments and stir.
- In a small bowl, crack three eggs, add milk, sugar, cinnamon and remaining zest. Whisk until fully combined.
- Dip each slice into the egg mixture, making sure that each side is coated well.
- Preheat griddle over medium heat. Cook each slide until both sides are golden brown.
- Spoon the Florida Grapefruit segments over the French toast. Ass a sprinkle of powdered sugar, if desired. Serve immediately.