Need to spruce up your breakfast routine? Try these Florida Grapefruit Crepes.
Crepe Batter Ingredients
- 500 g of flour
- 1L of milk
- 4 eggs
- 40 g of melted butter
- 1 vanilla bean pod
- 50 g of powdered sugar
- 2 Florida Grapefruit
- 30 g of caster sugar
- 30 g of honey
- 40 g of butter
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|1 hour30 minutes||30 minutes||2 hours|
- In a large bowl, mix the sifted flour with half the milk so that the flour integrates without creating lumps.
- Add the eggs one by one and mix. Add the vanilla, melted butter, and sugar. Add the second half of the milk. Place in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Cook the crepes in a pan or on a crepe griddle. Once cooked, then stack them as you go on top of each other, sprinkling a little sugar between each crepe. Cover and let cool.
- You can cut the Florida Grapefruit into segments and collect the juice. Squeeze the second Florida Grapefruit.
- Cook the sugar in a pan with the Florida Grapefruit juice and honey. As soon as the juice becomes denser, add the soft butter and whisk.
- Serve the crepes by basting them with hot sauce or you can heat them directly on the pan with the sauce.
- Serve them with fresh Florida Grapefruit segments to add a little pep to your dessert.