Flatbread with Florida Grapefruit, Blue Cheese, and Walnuts
There’s nothing flat about the flavour in this flatbread. It’s a perfect appetizer or pre-dinner snack.
- 450g strong bread flour
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 7g dried yeast
- 10g salt
- 300ml water
- 3 Florida Grapefruit
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 175g walnuts
- 220g blue cheese
- Salt and pepper
1. Place the following ingredients into a large mixing bowl: flour, oil, dried yeast, salt, and water.
2. Mix together until you form a soft ball of dough; then, transfer to a clean work surface lightly floured and knead for 10 minutes until smooth and stretchy.
3. Return the dough to the mixing bowl, cover, and leave to prove until it doubles in size.
4. Once proved, scoop the dough out and divide into 4 portions.
5. Roll each portion out into a pizza base approximately 1cm thick.
6. Cook the pizza bases in a large nonstick frying pan until golden on each side. Once you have turned the base over, drizzle with a little olive oil and scatter with walnuts and chunks of blue cheese.
7. Meanwhile, segment the Florida Grapefruit and place into a bowl with the remaining extra virgin olive oil and a little salt and pepper.
8. Stir together and serve a good handful of watercress on top of the flatbread for a peppery punch. The Florida Grapefruit will cut through the richness of the walnuts and blue cheese and make for a delicious flavour.