Grab Florida Grapefruit and make this delightful weekend, citrus loaf. It’s perfect to pair with tea or coffee in the afternoon.
- 120g of butter
- 120g of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 120g of flour
- 3g baking powder
- 1 tablespoon of Florida Grapefruit Juice for the cake
Icing Glaze Ingredients
- 100g of icing sugar
- 1.5 tablespoons of Florida Grapefruit Juice for the glaze
- Florida Grapefruit segments for the decoration
- Preheat the oven to 180℃.
- Allow the butter and eggs to come to room temperature.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Put the butter in a bowl and mix gently with a rubber spatula. Add the sugar and mix with a whisk. Once it’s evenly combined, add the egg (beaten). Mix well.
- Sift in the flour, yeast, and combine.
- Add the Florida Grapefruit Juice. Combine evenly.
- Put the dough in a baking tray and bake at 170-180℃ for 40-45 minutes.
- Once baked, let it cool. Once cooled, cut off the puffy part and flatten it.
- Mix the Florida Grapefruit Juice and powdered sugar together until all the clumps are gone.
- Pour the glaze over the fully cooled loaf. Take the glazed loaf and bake at 100℃ for about 2 minutes until the icing dries.
- Trim the edges of the pastry. Top with Florida Grapefruit to finish.