- 2 tsp Coriander
- 2 tsp Fennel seeds
- 1 tsp Peppercorns
- ½ tsp Chili flakes
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 2 cups (480 ml) Florida orange juice
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) Lime juice
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) Lemon juice
- 1½ cups (360 ml) Rice wine vinegar
- 2½ Tbsp Sugar
- 2 tsp Curry powder
- ½ tsp Turmeric
- 1 each Spice Sachet (see step 1)
- 2 lb Shrimp, medium size, tail-on, peeled and deveined
- 2 each Garlic, whole cloves
- ½ each Jalapeño, halved, no seeds
- 1 cup Cilantro, whole sprigs
- 2 cups Red onion, sliced
- Citrus Vinaigrette (see step 5)
- 2 each Avocado, sliced
- to taste Salt and Pepper
- 2 cup Citrus marinade (see steps 2 and 3)
- 1 Tbsp Cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp Cold water
- ½ cup Cilantro leaves
Make Spice Sachet with coriander, fennel seeds, peppercorns, chili flakes and mustard seeds.
Combine Florida orange juice, lime juice, lemon juice, rice wine vinegar, sugar, curry powder, turmeric and Spice Sachet in pot large enough to hold shrimp.
Bring to boil. Reserve 2 cups to make Citrus Vinaigrette. Add shrimp, garlic, jalapeño, cilantro and red onion. Bring back to simmer and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes and then remove pot from heat.
Pour into plastic nonreactive or glass container and refrigerate overnight.
To make Citrus Vinaigrette: Combine cornstarch and cold water. Bring 2 cups reserved marinade to boil and whisk in cornstarch mixture. Bring to simmer until thickened. Cool and reserve.
To serve, fan avocado slices on plates. Place shrimp on top and drizzle with citrus vinaigrette.
Garnish with cilantro leaves.