- 1 Florida Grapefruit
- ½ cup coconut, wide-flake unsweetened
- 1 cup yogurt, plain
- ¼ cup raw amaranth
- 4 tsp. honey
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Place the coconut flakes on a baking sheet. Toast the coconut until golden brown and fragrant, about 5-7 minutes.
3. Segment Florida Grapefruit and set aside.
4. Toast amaranth, pour the dry grains (don’t rinse) into a dry pan.
5. Set the pan over medium-high heat until they gently pop, usually about 3 to 5 minutes.
6. Spoon 1/4 cup yogurt into the bottom of each glass or Mason jar.
7. Top with a few segments of Florida Grapefruit, 1 tablespoon popped amaranth, 1½ tablespoons toasted coconut and 1 teaspoon honey.
8. Repeat to create another layer.
9. Top each glass with extras and sprinkle the remaining coconut on top.
Helpful Tip: If you don’t have access to raw amaranth, try substituting with quinoa.