- Recipe Ingredients:
- 1 Florida Grapefruit
- 1 banana
- Topping Ingredients:
- Florida Grapefruit, sliced
- Coconut, unsweetened and shredded
- Pumpkin seeds
1. Slice the Florida Grapefruit in half. Using a butter knife, pop out the Florida Grapefruit segments.
2. With a large spoon, scoop along the edge of the Florida Grapefruit to separate the inside from the peel. You’ll be left with an empty peel as a bowl.
3. Add 2/3 of the Florida Grapefruit segments and the banana into the blender and blend until creamy. Reserve the remaining Florida Grapefruit segments.
4. Pour the smoothie into the Florida Grapefruit halves (or use a regular bowl) and top with shredded coconut, pumpkin seeds, granola and remaining Florida Grapefruit slices.
5. Serve immediately.
For chilled version, place your Florida Grapefruit halves in the in the freezer for 30 to 60 minutes before adding your toppings.
Try adding your favorite toppings for unique flavor combinations.
Include a plant-based protein powder in the smoothie for additional nutrition.