- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white-wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 Florida grapefruit (preferably pink)
- 1/2 fennel bulb (sometimes called anise)
- 1 small head radicchio
- 115 g thinly sliced prosciutto
Finely chop pine nuts and in a small skillet cook in oil over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until golden. Remove skillet from heat and whisk in vinegar and mustard. With a sharp knife, cut peel and pith from grapefruit and cut grapefruit sections free from membranes. Coarsely chop fruit.Trim fennel stalks flush with bulb and cut bulb lengthwise into very thin slices. Trim and discard core from slices. Thinly slice radicchio. In a bowl, toss grapefruit, fennel, and radicchio with vinaigrette.
Divide prosciutto between 2 plates and top with salad.