Halloumi is a salty cheese that when fried can make an easy addition of protein to any meal. Char Florida Grapefruit segments for a balance of salty and sweet in this jam-packed delicious salad.
- 2 Florida Grapefruit, peeled and segmented
- Handful of greens for salad
- 50g roasted almonds
- 2 tbsp pomegranate seeds
- 12 mint leaves, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp sea salt flakes
- 1 block of halloumi, sliced
- ½ tsp sumac
- ½ tsp za’atar
- 1 tsp runny honey
1. Start by preparing your grapefruit – peel and then segment to remove any pith and seeds. Then blow torch or place under a grill so that one side of the segments is charred. This brings out the sweetness of the grapefruit and adds a lovely depth of flavour.
2. Cook your halloumi and smoked almonds in hot oil for 4-5 mins with sumac and za’atar until golden.
3. Toss your salad in a large bowl with the warm halloumi, charred Florida Grapefruit segments and pomegranate seeds. Season with salt, add freshly chopped mint and finally drizzle with honey.