Need an easy, kid-friendly dinner idea? This flavorful recipe using Florida Orange Juice can be the centerpiece for any meal.
- 2 cups (480 ml) Florida Orange Juice
- 1 Florida Orange, peeled and diced
- 1 lb. lean ground turkey
- 1 cup whole rolled oats
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 ½ tsp. Italian seasoning
- 2 ½ tsp. coarse salt, divided
- 1 ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 6 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- ½ cup tomato paste
- 4 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- Fresh herbs for garnish
- Butter noodles
- Parmesan cheese
1. In large bowl, combine turkey, oats, Florida Orange Juice, egg, Italian seasoning, 1⁄2 teaspoon salt and 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper; mix well.
2. Roll mixture into walnut-sized balls, making approximately 28 meatballs. Place meatballs onto prepared baking sheet and bake for 8 minutes, or until lightly browned.
3. Whisk together Florida Orange Juice, vinegar, tomato paste, cornstarch, 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon pepper.
4. Line the bottom of your slow cooker with meatballs, drizzle with Florida Orange Juice sauce, then remaining meatballs followed by the remaining sauce. Cover and cook on low heat for 2 hours, gently stirring an hour after cooking.
5. When done, serve meatballs on toothpicks garnished with fresh herbs, if desired. Keep warm until serving.
Add it to pasta, make it into a sandwich or serve as an appetizer.