- 1 ½ (360 ml) cups Florida Orange Juice
- 1 tsp. Florida Orange Zest, chopped
- 4 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 ½ lb. ground buffalo meat
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- ½ cup onion, diced
- 2 tbsp. jalapeño pepper, seeded, diced
- 2 tbsp. chopped garlic .
- 2 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tbsp. onion powder
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 (20-oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp. fresh oregano
- 1 tbsp. chipotle chile, seeded, chopped
- 1 tbsp. finely ground cornmeal
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
1. Heat large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 tbsp. olive oil and buffalo meat; season with salt and pepper to taste.
2. Brown buffalo meat until cooked through; remove buffalo meat from skillet and reserve.
3. In large stock pot over medium heat, place remaining 2 tbsp. olive oil, red and green peppers, onion, jalapeño pepper and garlic.
4. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes until onions are tender. Add chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder and cumin; cook for 1 to 2 more minutes to toast spices.
5. Add tomatoes, Florida Orange Juice, oregano, chipotle chiles, cornmeal and Florida Orange Zest; cook over medium-low heat for 45 minutes.
6. Serve chili in bowls; top with cheddar cheese and sour cream.
Serve with Florida Orange–Jalapeño Cornbread.