Need a new recipe to add into your breakfast rotation? Try our Florida OJ Breakfast Hash, which provides you and your family with amazing taste and important health benefits, such as vitamin C from Florida Orange Juice and protein from ground turkey. You can go to work and send your kids to school knowing you all have full bellies and started the day off with plenty of nutrients.
- ⅓ cup Florida Orange Juice
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small onion, julienned
- 1 large sweet potato, cut into ¼-inch cubes
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- 6 oz. turkey sausage, crumbled
- 2 cups swiss chard, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup fresh pear, diced
- ½ tsp. red pepper flakes
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
1. Place the oil in a medium sauté pan and set over medium high heat.
2. When the oil shimmers, add the onions, sweet potatoes and salt and cook, stirring frequently, until the onions are translucent.
3. Add the sausage and continue to cook another 3 to 4 minutes or until the sausage is cooked through.
4. Add the swiss chard, pear, Florida Orange Juice, red pepper flake and nutmeg and toss to combine.
5. Decrease the heat to medium low and continue to cook an additional 3 to 4 minutes, until the chard and pears are just cooked.
6. Serve immediately.
Helpful Tip: For a kick, try adding your favorite hot sauce to spice up your morning!