- 1 cup Florida orange juice
- 1 cup Florida tangerine juice
- 2 cups Irish stout beer
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup carrot, diced in 1-inch cubes
- ½ cup onion, diced in 1-inch cubes
- ½ cup celery, diced in 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 pounds beef bone in short ribs
- Salt to taste
For Breading & Cooking:
- 2 cups flour
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 4 cups breadcrumbs
- 2 quarts olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Florida Citrus Aioli:
- ½ cup Florida orange juice
- ½ cup Florida tangerine juice
- 1 cup olive oil mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Florida orange zest, chopped
2. Cover dish and bake at 275F. for 2½ to 3 hours, until meat is fork tender.
4. Strain braising liquid into medium saucepan; bring to a simmer. Simmer until volume is reduced by two-thirds. Reserve liquid.
6. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate until firm.
7. Portion chilled short rib meat into small balls, 1-inch in diameter; roll between two hands to form round balls. Place short rib balls in freezer; freeze until firm.
9. Fry croquettes in batches until golden brown; remove from oil with slotted spoon and place onto a plate lined with paper towels to drain excess oil.
1. Combine Florida orange juice, Florida tangerine juice, beer, balsamic carrots, onions, celery, thyme, allspice, nutmeg, pepper and bay leaf. Pour over short ribs in ovenproof casserole dish.
3. Remove short ribs from braising liquid; reserve and cool.
5. Remove short rib meat from bones and pull apart into small pieces; discard bones and fat. Add reduced braising liquid to pulled meat; combine thoroughly.
While meat mixture is cooling, prepare Florida Citrus Aioli:
– Place Florida orange juice and Florida tangerine juice in medium saucepan; bring to a simmer. Simmer until volume is reduced by two-thirds.
– Refrigerate reduced juice mixture until cold. Add mayonnaise, chives and Florida orange zest to chilled juice mixture; stir to combine. Reserve.
8. Roll balls in flour; dip in egg and then roll in breadcrumbs. Heat olive oil in 6-quart stockpot over medium-low heat to 350F.
10. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve croquettes with Florida Citrus Aioli.
Serve with Sunny Lager.
- % Daily Value*
Total Fat36.8g 47%
Saturated Fat11.3g 57%
Total Carbohydrate81.4g 30%
Dietary Fiber4.6g 16%
Total Sugars14.3g 29%
Vitamin A1752.0mcg 195%
Vitamin C47.4mg 53%