- 125 ml Florida grapefruit juice
- 85 g honey
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard (optional)
- 200 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (optional)
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
Briefly mix the grapefruit juice, honey, salt, and optional mustard with an immersion blender, food processor or blender, or with a fork or wire whisk.Slowly add the oil in a stream (drop by drop if whisking) until an emulsion forms; or just whisk everything together briefly.Add the remaining oil faster, but still in a stream.
Taste to adjust salt and add more oil or vinegar if needed.Add the minced garlic and the pepper.This is best made fresh but will keep refrigerated for a few days.Return to room temperature before using.
Makes 250 ml