- 125 ml Florida grapefruit juice
- 85 g honey
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard (optional)
- 200 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (optional)
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
Taste to adjust salt and add more oil or vinegar if needed.Add the minced garlic and the pepper.This is best made fresh but will keep refrigerated for a few days.Return to room temperature before using.
Briefly mix the grapefruit juice, honey, salt, and optional mustard with an immersion blender, food processor or blender, or with a fork or wire whisk.Slowly add the oil in a stream (drop by drop if whisking) until an emulsion forms; or just whisk everything together briefly.Add the remaining oil faster, but still in a stream.
Makes 250 ml