- % Daily Value*
Total Fat12g 15%
Total Carbohydrate67g 24%
Dietary Fiber10g 36%
Vitamin A405mcg 45%
Vitamin C63mg 70%
- 1 cup Florida Orange Juice
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 1 medium onion, peeled and cut into ¼-inch strips
- 2 medium red bell peppers, seeded and cut into ¼-inch strips
- 2 medium yellow peppers, seeded and cut into ¼-inch strips
- 3 oranges, peeled and segmented
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tsp. cumin powder
- 2 tsp. ancho chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 24 10-to-15 count shrimp (about 1 ½ lbs.), peeled and deveined
- 2 tbsp. grapeseed or canola oil
- 12 6- or 8-inch whole wheat tortillas
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Large cloth napkin or dish towel to keep tortillas warm
1. Combine all ingredients, except shrimp and oil, in medium mixing bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Toss shrimp into marinade and refrigerate two hours.
3. Remove shrimp from marinade and let drain for 5 minutes. Drain vegetables from marinade through a large colander over a sauce pot.
4. Bring reserved marinade liquid to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes; set aside.
5. Heat large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add half the oil to pan. Add shrimp and sauté until lightly browned and cooked through.
6. Remove shrimp from pan and keep warm.
7. Add the other half of the oil to pan, followed by drained vegetables. Cook until onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.
8. Turn heat up to high and spread vegetables evenly throughout the pan. Vegetables will start to brown on the bottom of the pan.
9. Arrange shrimp over the vegetables and add reserved marinade.
10. Serve immediately with a side of your favorite guacamole and a plate of warmed whole wheat tortillas.
Warmed Whole Wheat Tortillas:
1. Heat large skillet over medium-high heat. Lightly spray one side of each tortilla with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Place tortilla, sprayed-side-down, into hot skillet. Cook until tortilla begins to expand, about one minute, then flip over and cook another minute.
3. Place tortilla on large napkin. Repeat until all tortillas are cooked. Stack tortillas as you cook them, then wrap with napkin and place on a serving plate.