- 1 cup fresh gingerroot, chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup bourbon
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 10 whole cloves
- 6 peppercorns
- 2 Florida oranges, sliced
- 2 ounces honey
- 4 ounces Florida orange juice
- 4 Florida orange slices
- 4 cinnamon sticks
1. Combine gingerroot, sugar and water in saucepan and bring to boil, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
2. Lower heat, cover saucepan and simmer for 2 minutes.
3. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for at least 2 hours.
4. Strain into bottle and discard ginger; cover and refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.
1. Place bourbon in saucepan. Place cinnamon stick, peppercorns and cloves into sachet; tie with kitchen twine to close. Add sachet, Florida orange slices, honey and 1 ounce prepared Ginger Syrup to saucepan.
2. Bring bourbon mixture to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
3. Turn off heat; remove sachet. Add Florida orange juice and ladle into toddy glasses.
4. Garnish each glass with a Florida orange slice and cinnamon stick.
- % Daily Value*
Total Fat2.2g 3%
Saturated Fat0.4g 2%
Total Carbohydrate60.2g 22%
Dietary Fiber7.4g 26%
Total Sugars46.8g 94%
Vitamin A7165mcg 796%
Vitamin C42.7mg 47%