Ceviche is a classic Latin American dish that brings out citrus flavours. Try this unique ceviche with fresh Florida Grapefruit segments!
- 1 Florida Grapefruit
- 400g of swordfish (fresh)
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 pepper
- 10 drops of chili oil
- 1 small bunch of fresh cilantro
- 2 fresh flour tortillas
- Oil (canola, sunflower or other, not olive oil)
- 2 Thai chili peppers
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|25 minutes||3 minutes||28 minutes|
- Start by cutting the swordfish into very thin slices and place the slices in a deep serving dish.
- Peel and finely slice ¼ of the red onion, add to the dish.
- Cut chili pepper into small cubes, add to the dish.
- Cut the Florida Grapefruit into supremes and collect the juice from cutting.
- Pour some collected juice over the fish. Add 4 tablespoons of olive oil. Add salt and pepper then cover with a saran wrap and place in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Cut and remove pit and the peel of the avocado. Mash the avocado with the rest of the Florida Grapefruit Juice.
- Chop half the bunch of cilantro.
- Add cilantro, the chili oil to the avocado, season with salt and pepper.
- Chop the other part of the red onion, add to guacamole. Adjust seasoning to taste as needed.
- Mash together until well combined.
- In a frying pan, heat a bit of sunflower oil. Cut the tortillas into small pieces and brown them. Remove them from the pan as soon as they are brown and place them on non-stick absorbent paper.
- Arrange the fish on the plates and add the fresh coriander.
- Divide the marinade on each plate, then the guacamole. Finish with the Florida Grapefruit supremes and the fried tortillas.
Serve and enjoy!