Try this easy and refreshing dessert made with the delicious taste of Florida Grapefruit!
- 2 Florida Grapefruit
- 170 g of graham crackers
- 70 g of butter
- 60 g of grated coconut
- 450 g of cream cheese
- 300 ml of coconut cream
- 1/2 teaspoon of coconut extract
- 100 g of white sugar
- 200 ml of whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons of sifted icing sugar
- 1 vanilla bean pod
- 1 tablespoon of shelled pistachios
- 40 g of coconut shavings (optional)
1. Crush the graham crackers into a fine powder. Mix them with the grated coconut and melted butter.
2. Cut the Florida Grapefruit into segments. Collect the juice. Pour 4 tablespoons of juice into the graham, coconut, butter mixture.
3. In a cheesecake pan, spread the graham / coconut mixture, pack well over the bottom of the pan. Place in the fridge for 1 hour.
4. Meanwhile, whip the cream cheese with the coconut cream, extract, and sugar.
5. Pour the mixture into the cake pan once the cookie has solidified. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
7. Prepare the vanilla whipped cream. Whip the cream until it has a frothy texture. Collect the seeds from the vanilla bean. Add the well sifted icing sugar, and vanilla, then mix gently with a spatula.
8. Place the cream in the fridge.
9. When the cheesecake is set, you can place it another 30 minutes in the freezer before unmolding it to keep it firm.
10. Carefully transfer the cheesecake to a serving platter.
Arrange the whipped cream on top then decorate with Florida Grapefruit segments and crushed pistachios. You can also add coconut shavings for crunch.