- 50 g sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded Florida orange peel
- 250 ml Florida orange juice*
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 Florida oranges, peeled, sliced and seeded
- 2 Florida grapefruit, peeled, sectioned and seeded
- 160 g halved seedless green and/or red grapes
- 6 angel cake wedges or meringue shells
*May substitute Florida orange juice from concentrate
In a small saucepan, stir together sugar and cornstarch.Stir in orange peel and orange juice.Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly.Cook and stir for 2 minutes more.Remove sauce from heat; stir in lemon juice.Cover; let cool.
Meanwhile, in a 1.5-litre glass bowl, combine oranges, grapefruit and grapes.Pour orange sauce over all.Cover; chill for up to 6 hours.To serve, spoon mixture over cake wedges or into meringue shells.