- 55 g semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 85 g cream cheese
- 1 package (~500 g) Devil’s Food cake mix (with pudding in the mix)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 250 ml Florida grapefruit juice
- 125 ml corn oil
- 2 tablespoons orange liqueur
- 1 (~350 g) package semisweet mini chocolate chips
- 80 g finely chopped pecans
- 85 g semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
To prepare cake, heat oven to 180 degrees.Grease and flour a 3-litre ring pan.Melt chocolate and cream cheese in 2-litre saucepan over low heat.Stir until blended.Set aside to cool.Place cake mix and cinnamon in mixing bowl.In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, grapefruit juice, corn oil and orange liqueur.Add to cake mix along with the cooled chocolate mixture.Beat for about 3 minutes.Stir in the chips and pecans.Pour into the pan.Bake for 55 to 60 minutes, or until cake tests done.Let sit in pan for 10 minutes before removing to rack to cool.
To prepare glaze, melt 85 g of chocolate and butter in 1.5-litre saucepan.Stir until blended.Drizzle over cooled cake.Allow glaze to set before serving.