Florida Citrus Balsamic Vinaigrette
- ¼ cup (60 ml) Florida orange juice
- ¼ cup (60 ml) Florida tangerine juice
- 2 tsp Florida orange zest
- ¼ cup Lemon juice
- ½ cup Balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Honey
- 2 tsp Garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- to taste Salt and pepper
- 1½ cups Olive oil
Flatiron Steak Salad
- 1½ lb Flatiron steak
- 2 cups Florida Citrus Balsamic Vinaigrette (see recipe)
- ½ cup Florida orange segments
- ½ cup Florida grapefruit segments
- 2 qts Baby spinach
- ½ cup Red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup Cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup Radish, thinly sliced
- ½ cup Cucumber, thinly sliced
- ½ cup Goat cheese, crumbled
To make Florida Citrus Balsamic Vinaigrette: Combine Florida orange and tangerine juices, Florida orange zest, lemon juice, balsamic vinegar,honey, garlic, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper. Slowly drizzle in olive oil while whisking vigorously. Reserve.
Place flatiron steak in container and add 1 cup vinaigrette. Marinate in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or up to 3 hours.
Grill steak over medium-high heat to desired doneness. Remove from heat and allow to rest for 5 minutes. While steak is resting, prepare salad.
Combine Florida orange and grapefruit segments, baby spinach, red onion, cherry tomatoes, radish and cucumberin large mixing bowl. Add Florida Citrus Balsamic Vinaigrette, as desired, and toss well to combine.
To serve, divide salad among 4 plates. Slice flatiron steak into thin slices.Divide steak among the 4 plates, laying on top of salad. Top with crumbled goat cheese.